Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I lose my prescription sunglasses and have a visit to a Spanish Optometrist

This site is obsolete
Please VIST OUR NEW WEB-SITE: http://exploramumourworldtrip.com

I have lost my prescription sunglasses.

No drama, as they are cracked in Hawaii.

And no drama, as I have a back-up pair.

Then it becomes a drama.
We are leaving Boca Brava on the water taxi.
The wind picks up and overboard they go.

Now it is a drama.

I need them to drive, and distance.

I asked at the hotel reception.
She gives me directions to the local store.

I walk in armed with my Spanish dictionary and my day glasses.

I fail miserably at trying to tell her what I want.
She thinks I want a tint added to my day glasses - No!
Then she thinks I want normal glasses - No!
Then they finally get it - but they have no frames that suit.

I had seen an optical store at the Gran Terminal.
So we catch a taxi to Albrook.

We go through the same deal - but no frames for sunglasses again.

Finally we wander through Albrook - a huge Shopping complex.

We find a store.
We check out the frames.
I find a pair I like.
I have an appointment to get my eyes tested with the optometrist.
My son thinks I look like a mad scientist.

A Jamaican lady comes to the aid when I have to pay the account.
She has great English and calls me "baby" in her soft accent.
She is so lovely.

I sure hope he has the right script as we collect them at the end of the week 
and are due to change countries.
Also I have paid for them - so fingers crossed the travel insurance comes to the party.

The who process took nearly all day!
We are starved and go straight to the food court.

We head back to the hotel.

My son goes into zombie mode and watches a bit more USA TV.

It is dusk and we head head out for a walk.
The overpass near the hospital gives us a great view.
On one side is the new city.

On the other side you can see the old city.
This is the one built about 200 years ago, not the one built 400 years ago.

Panama has a 10% growth a year.
It will soon be on par with Singapore they say.
Wealth and construction reign.
If I had money to invest, I would buy here.

We walk back for dinner.
I order and the lady brings me enough fried rice for 5 people.
But it is only $6 so we get take-away and it can last a couple more days.

My son wants to watch a movie - what a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.